Monday, March 16, 2009

just another day at the drug store

I work in the pharmacy and mostly it's pretty routine,the small talk you have with people,sometimes it's interesting....sometimes it just goes a little too far.The other day as a guy is explaining to me why he needs his painkillers...because of the 29 surgeries he's had on his stomach,as I felt my eyes doing an obvious stare at his gut that looked like he had 2 basketballs under his shirt...so I took the bait, I said "What are they doing to your stomach?" with that,he lifted his shirt,before I had a chance to avert my eyes.....Eewwww...3 bullet wounds,I looked up to notice the hat he was wearing and he was a cop.Poor guy,this has been since 1980 something and all these surgeries have been in the last 2 years.
Well,today was the topper.An elder woman tells one of the technicians....."my cat brought home and mouse...and during the night while I was sleeping....it ran up my leg and went inside me"
We laughed so hard and the idea of this...and what must have transpired...cause she said something about the Doctor having to take it out....and how big it was....Sometimes we get too much information,and at the same time...maybe not enough!
We'll see what tomorrow brings

No comments:

Post a Comment